Saturday, February 26, 2011

Painting on a grey day




My students have been complaining about all the grey weather we've been having lately and the fact that winter is dragging on forever. The 50 degree days we get every once in a while is not helping. We even had a wonderful 70 degree day right before it snowed and iced like crazy. With this welcome back to winter, I decided to paint some oils from my porch. These were created looking into the backyard and across the cove. I had a great time painting these and just wanted to share what you can do on a wintery grey day. You need to watch your values, as they will be limited in this kind of atmosphere, but they still provide a nice range of color to work with and capture the mood of the day. These paintings will be up for sale on my website soon. If you are interested please contact me as I have a special "without frame" price and they are hot off the easel.
Hoping your winter is coming to an end,
Jennylynne


No comments:

Post a Comment