Monday, June 3, 2013



Well, it's time for the Stems Event again this year.  All the painting has been done and now the paintings will be taken to the Rice Gallery for judging and hopefully sales.
 
I have done the Stems every year since it's beginning and it is a wonderful event.  What's not to like, flowers, water features, horses, buildings, etc.  There is a wide variety of subjects to appeal to all the painters out there.  I tried my first flower painting this year and am pretty pleased with the results.  I encourage everyone to try to get out of their comfort zone every once in awhile.  It's an awesome experience whether it works out or not.
I love doing landscapes with a combination of brush work and knife strokes.  It is a chance for me to get out of my portrait mindset and into a different creative mode and mood.  Landscape painting for me is an ongoing learning experience.  I really don't like painting still lifes but do enjoy the learning and experience you get from painting from life-so-for me-I plein aire paint.
I encourage all of you to try it and get out there and enjoy our world.
Wish me luck at Stems,
Happy Painting,
Jennylynne

No comments:

Post a Comment