Friday, January 24, 2014

Back in the Saddle-So to speak.

Well, I have been busy reworking my new studio since the move back to my home.  The new space is wonderful and full of light.  It is also a little isolated from the main part of the house which affords me the quiet and peace I need when working.

I managed to get all of my Christmas commissions out the door on time and glad to report that everyone was happy with the art.  That may have been the best Christmas present that I received.

It has been calming to be busy with the new studio, show opportunities coming up, plein aire events and getting back into the business or art.  It has helped to transition myself from a caregiver back to an artist.  While taking care of my Mom, I used art as an escape and a shelter from the chaos of watching someone you love die.  Now, with a little time passed, I can once again enjoy the creation and productivity of art for itself.

I have many things lined up for shows.  I currently have a painting on display and for sale at the Lake Quivera, Ks. country club and also four paintings at the Lakewood Golf and Country Club in Lee's Summit, Mo.  I just got word that I have made it into the Blue Springs Art League Art Festival in March.  I will have one pastel and one oil entered in this event.

I have also signed up for the Augusta Plein Aire Event which takes place the end of April into the first of May.

I have also been elected President of the MidAmerica Pastel Society.  This is probably the most exciting thing so far, as I have always loved this group.  They have two juried member shows coming up this year, so hopefully I will be accepted into one of both of these.  One will be at the Southwind Gallery in Topeka, Ks. and the other at the Tim Murphy Gallery in Merriam, Ks.  Can't wait to see all the great art that the pastelist will create for these shows.

So, as you can see, I'm off to an exciting year.  I will be posting pics of my paintings, giving tips on making art and keeping you up to date on the shows and events for this year.

So, happy painting,
Jennylynne

No comments:

Post a Comment