Wednesday, August 25, 2010

River Mirror, The demo is completed


This is the completed painting from the oil underpainting demo that I shared the other day. I really enjoyed completing this one. It brought back lots of memories of our trip out west and the wonderfully colorful scenery that was all around us. The painting is done from photos and color studies that I made there on location. I have found that when traveling, I don't always have time to pull over and complete a painting but I always seem to squeeze enough time in for color studies and photos.
If you take the photos yourself and do color studies to remind you of the day and place, you can use them back in the studio to refresh your memory and paint with confidence.
Try it next time you are traveling and don't have time to pull over and paint.
Happy Painting,
Jennylynne

No comments:

Post a Comment