Monday, September 26, 2011

Antoher painting exploring shadows



Lately I have been having fun exploring shadows of all kinds. Afternoon shadows are one of my most favorite things to paint. This latest painting is no exception. This is a studio painting done from photos and an onsite oil study. I cannot begin to describe the joy of painting this scene. The scene is in Lakewood along the road where the golf course winds around and thru. Most people drive right by this spot and never notice it. I'm sure the ones who live around this little pool enjoy its beauty immensely.

The entire pond is quite tucked in by hillside and trees. In fact you must get out of your car and go to the edge of the hill just to catch the beauty as it unfolds around you. I have seen lots of wildlife(they always know the best spots) and its peaceful serene setting is what draws them, I'm sure.

This painting, as well as my other new paintings in and around Lakewood, will be the my booth #4 at the Longview Art and World Music Festival starting this Friday. Come on out and enjoy the treasures that will be displayed there by all the artists and be sure and take one home with you.

Hope to see you there,

Jennylynne

No comments:

Post a Comment