Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Buddy and the Groomer

Buddy has his first "official" grooming appointment today. I dropped him off and he wasn't shaking so we took that as a good sign.
He is still very fearful of strange noices. Anyone who sneezes, squeaky toys, pots and pans on the stove, the alarm clock in the morning-well-you get the picture. We are trying to socialize him to everyday sounds and get him to understand that they are not threatening just loud. I used to let him come to me and I'd hold him and pet him to calm him down but a trainer friend of mine said that really re-enforces his fears so we are trying to come up with a different approach. We can't use food because he is still not interested in doggy treats-not even warmed hot dogs or chicken. Anyone out there that follows the blog and has a good non-food way of coping with this and helping Buddy would be appreciated.
Well-Buddy and I are signing off for now. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment