Monday, July 27, 2009

Finally, the start of the CF painting


Here is the beginning of the painting I'm creating for the CF Foundation night at Union Station in KCMO. I finally got the feeling that I wanted for the still life. I started off with an underwash of oils and am adding pastels on top of that. I am going to call the painting-"The Anniversary". I am almost finished with the piece and will post it when finished. The artists that are participating have been invited to Hollyfield Winery in Bashor, Kansas this Saturday for a fun day among the vines. We will be painting in plein aire and or course enjoying Hollyfield's wonderful wines. Come out and spend the day with us. We will be there from 9am to 6pm. Some of the artist will also have works for sale that day.


The CF Foundation Wine Opener and Art Sale and Silent Auction will be held at Union Station on September 3, 2009. The tickets are $60.00 Some of the artists will also be painting during the event. Contact Karen Lyman at 913-384-8997 for information and tickets.

I will be posting the finished piece soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment